The year is almost officially halfway over. Are you doing things just as manually now as you were five months ago? There has been a ton of chatter about AI and robots taking over every job in America and while that may still be far off on the horizon, there are things that you can do right now, today, to work smarter instead of working harder.
Your company likely has at least these four departments in your business – operations, marketing, sales and finance – right?
For each of those departments, there should be a list of goals, or objectives. Ideally, you set those about six months ago, right? 🙂 In case you forgot, or if you need a refresher, here are some ways you can look to automate in those departments, and use these ideas to spur further automation across your entire company.
Business Automation Starting Points
- Have you automated the process of onboarding new clients? Or at least reviewed the current procedure for client onboarding? Perhaps something changed in the past six months – keep it up to date.
Marketing (This area has a LOT of automation possibilities)
- Your website. Are you collecting email addresses with a clear Call To Action for new eyes?
- Landing pages with lead magnets. These should replace your ‘sign up for our newsletter’ requests that are almost always ignored.
- Are you automating quotes or removing time to create quotes?
- Are you automatically identifying ways to proactively sell to your clients?
- Are your invoices routed efficiently through a system, or are you using paper?
- Are your time and expense sheets running digitally, or are you getting paper?
What have you automated lately? Sing to the Janet Jackson hit, “What Have You Done For Me Lately.” A song which, to make me feel even older – came out more than 31 years ago. Think about how far automation has come in 31 years. Think about how much time you could be saving by automating just one or two daily tasks. Can’t that time be spent in better ways?
Need help getting this set up? Reach out to me today.